Pure Release Notes
Release Notes for Archiware Pure version 1.0
Version 1.0.4 released. Changes since last release:
- Fixed: Removed a bug that allowed the wrong resource pool to be selected during restore process (marked as '/'), which caused the restore to fail.
Version 1.0.3 released. Changes since last release:
- Fixed: Removed a bug preventing Pure from collecting the correct list of available resource pools on hosts in a HA cluster. VMs can now be properly restored onto a HA cluster assigned hosts.
- Improved: Further improvements to job scheduling algorithm assure that vCenter VM is backed up separately from the VMs that it manages. Earlier, if a vCenter VM got stunned during backup snapshot creation or removal, all other backups would fail as Pure was not able to communicate with the vCenter. Both during backup and verify, vCenter VM now waits for all other VMs to finish first and no other VMs are being processed until vCenter backup is complete.
Version 1.0.2 released. Changes since last release:
- Fixed: Fixed an error causing VM restore to fail when restoring to a HA Cluster having only the default compute resource without any child resources defined.
- Improved: If Pure wakes up (boots) after a Backup window has already started, the VMs belonging to that BW will still be sent for execution. Previously, the whole BW was skipped.
- Improved: Scheduling mechanism has been improved so that each VM can only be backed up and verified once during a single Backup window.
Version 1.0.1 released. Changes since last release:
- Fixed: Fixed an error in the web server that would cause Pure to erroneously think that a VMware infrastructure server is offline under certain circumstances.
- Improved: Log messages have been cleaned up by decreasing log level of some recurring notifications.
- Improved: Email report scheduling has been improved to assure that the report is rescheduled each time one of the corresponding settings is changed. Removing the recipients setting will not correctly unschedule the report.
- Fixed: If the very first backup of a VM fails, corrupt (incomplete) backup data is now immediately deleted as originally intended.
- Fixed: Resolved the issue where in certain occasions email subject of the daily report was not correctly set.
- Fixed: Resolved the issue where VM could not be restored if it had a Cdrom device pointing to a file on a datastore unless that disk image was ejected from the Cdrom device. Due to the inherent VMware limitations, VMs with a file based Cdroms will be restored with a generic Cdrom pointing to a host's Cdrom device.
Version 1.0 released.
For a list of features, please click here.